Chinese dumplings are far more symbolic than simply a delicious morsel. They have a unique history and are a culturally intangible food item that is one of the most widely loved and popular foods in China and around the world. Judy passes on this Chinese tradition through her dumpling-making classes.
Some interesting facts include:
- Chinese dumplings are thought to date back to the Eastern Han (AD 25 - 220)
- Chinese dumplings are one of the most important foods during Chinese New Year and other Chinese holidays and festivals
- Traditionally, family members get together to make dumplings on the eve of the Lunar New Year
- The shape of Chinese dumplings is similar to ancient gold or silver ingots. and represent wealth and good fortune
- The fillings vary from region to region, but all of Judy's ingredients are organic, free-range, and local
Making dumplings is a bonding, zen, and fun experience for individuals, families, friends, team-building with colleagues, dinner parties and much more. Judy can customize experiences to suit any age-group and group size.
We'll learn to make authentic Chinese dumplings with Judy, also known as the Dumpling Diva.
First, Judy will discuss the ingredients used for Cantonese-style home cooking and where to buy them.
Second, she will show you how to make dumplings.
Then we get to eat them. It's a lot of fun!