Health and Safety for You and the Community is my first priority.
Businesses in historic Chinatown are slowly returning to normal. To ensure the safety and well-being of my clients, I will have masks available as well as hand sanitizer; the dumpling lesson area will be thoroughly cleaned and sanitized both before and after the lesson, and a brief health survey will need to be completed. If you have made a booking and do not feel well, Historical Chinatown Tours is happy to re-book for a later date. Please continue to follow the advice of our BC Health Officer, Chief Medical Health Officer, and the Minister of Health. Stay well. I look forward to welcoming you soon.
Update: I was vaccinated in May 2021.
Chinese dumplings are far more symbolic than simply a delicious morsel. They have a unique history and are a culturally intangible food item that is one of the most widely loved and popular foods in China and around the world. Judy passes on this Chinese tradition through her dumpling-making classes.
Some interesting facts include:
- Chinese dumplings are thought to date back to the Eastern Han (AD 25 - 220)
- Chinese dumplings are one of the most important foods during Chinese New Year and other Chinese holidays and festivals
- Traditionally, family members get together to make dumplings on the eve of the Lunar New Year
- The shape of Chinese dumplings is similar to ancient gold or silver ingots, and represent wealth and good fortune
- The fillings vary from region to region, but all of Judy's ingredients are organic, free-range, and local
Making dumplings is a bonding, zen, and fun experience for individuals, families, friends, team-building with colleagues, dinner parties and much more. Judy can customize experiences to suit any age-group and group size.
We'll learn to make authentic Chinese dumplings with Judy, also known as the Dumpling Diva.
First, Judy will discuss the ingredients used for Cantonese-style home cooking and where to buy them.
Second, she will show you how to make dumplings.
Then we get to eat them. It's a lot of fun!
As Featured In
Chinatown Walk, Historic Talk & Dim Sum
Chinatown, Vancouver, BC Canada
Chinatown Dumpling Masterclass
Propaganda Coffee - Chinatown, Vancouver, BC Canada